Monday, February 01, 2010

Fresh Wind on My Face

Have you ever wondered if...in the big scheme of our lives what "Fresh Wind" might feel like blowing across your face announcing God's presence? You know when you've felt so hot...and that cool breeze blows across your face? Don't you close your eyes, breathe in deeply and sort of lean into it, to caputre every ounce? That's exactly what I did today as God announced His presence loud and clear.

You see, I've seen this before...I've been down this pathway more times than I can count in ministry....and yet, sometimes in the midst of these detours that we seem to find ourselves on...God shows up and makes sure that beyond a shadow of a doubt that this particular road sign is spotlighted and clearly marked. So today...unlike many others...I stopped along the roadside and really took in the scenery and the signs that I believe that God was trying to show me.

Three things I've been praying in earnest for:

1) That my husband would hear the call that God placed on his life a long time ago louder than any doubt or fear that have stepped in to disguise the voice of Truth and that his heart would be filled with that message;

2) That my precious daughter would find her song once again and sing it with reckless abandon before the throne. That her new song would speak of a God who is continually faithful and has carried us over every hill and down every valley.

3) That my son will find the pathway that God has carved out for him and that he will be fully used in His kingdom.

Of course, I pray for other things... but this seems to be the things I am bringing before the throne lately on an hour to hour basis. I long to hear the voice of God reassuring me that the imaginary celiling that I place on my prayers is lifted and that far beyond that is my loving Father....grabbing hold of every word that leaves my heart as I search for just the right ways to explain what I am feeling. I am thankful for a God who doesn't need me to edit my words as I strive so desperately to do as I put them into a printed message. Today, as God revealed to me that indeed He is along this journey with me and that He not only hears my prayers...but is using those around me to share how very interested He truly is in making sure that we don't miss this message.

Today, as we stood like countless visitors do at a new church, we walked in with hesitation.
Oh, we've been there several times before, but regardless, we're still visiting...we're nomads searching for a new place to pitch our tent. We walked in to the auditorium and my husband went to find our seats. We spotted a friend from our last church and as we were standing there a woman walked up and introduced herself to us. Laura (our friend) began sharing our connection to one another when my husband, Dub, walked up. The woman turned to Dub and said, "At first, I thought I was supposed to pray for your wife, but God kept telling me I needed to pray for you. I asked God that if I was, you were going to need to walk up here to confirm that. You did...and I feel like God is asking me to pray for you right now. Is that ok?' She said before praying, "I think he's asking me to put my hand on your heart because that's where he wants this message to penetrate." She placed her hand on his heart and began praying the words of our hearts. She said that he was called from a very early age to share the gospel. She said that God plans for you speak clearly about promotion...not demotion. She said that parts of his heart had been severed through ministry, but God is healing all those parts with his love. She then took her hand and put it on his head. She said that God is telling her that his head consumes him...that he thinks too much and that God is telling him to let his heart lead his calling. She spoke of expanded borders and territories that reach far beyond that from which he came from. She said that his name would be blessed just like that of Jabez and that his ministry is not over....it's just beginning. As I stood there...she turned to pray for me and said that God has heard you and He wanted to remind you today that he has not let his eyes off of you through this trial. He wants you to reassured and trust him today and be anxious for nothing. As I stood moments later, lifting my hands to God in worship, I couldn't help but cry out to Him with a grateful heart. During this trial, I haven't questioned, argued, or complained (my typical response when the rug has been pulled out from us in ministry). Well, I haven't done it out loud any way....but God, who knows me best and sees beyond the facade that I put up for others, knows the very beat of my heart and when I need him to grab my face to remind me that He is close by...He does!

I am so thankful that today my precious husband was reminded of his calling and that God still has a plan for him to be used in His Kingdom. I am so grateful for a worship time with Christians to see my daughter feel the love of a Savior who cares about every desire of her heart. May we all feel the Fresh Wind of God blow over us reminding us of His presence in the details of our lives!

1 comment:

SMarge said...

I somehow stumbled upon your blog. Thanks so much for these two latest posts as it was comforting to read and so applicable to where God has me right now. I am encouraged by your faith and the story that you shared.
Thank you!