Monday, February 01, 2010

What has the Spirit of the Sovereign Lord annointed you to do?

During my quiet time this week, God has reminded me of the incredible ways that He uses us in His Kingdom. I have put this scripture on my heart to remind me of why I am here on the Earth.


Isaiah 61 1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is upon me, for the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to proclaim that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed.[a] 2 He has sent me to tell those who mourn that the time of the LORD’s favor has come,[b] and with it, the day of God’s anger against their enemies. 3 To all who mourn in Israel,[c] he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory. 4 They will rebuild the ancient ruins, repairing cities destroyed long ago. They will revive them, though they have been deserted for many generations. 5 Foreigners will be your servants. They will feed your flocks and plow your fields and tend your vineyards. 6 You will be called priests of the LORD, ministers of our God. You will feed on the treasures of the nations and boast in their riches. 7 Instead of shame and dishonor, you will enjoy a double share of honor. You will possess a double portion of prosperity in your land, and everlasting joy will be yours.

At times, when I have found myself traveling through some the hardest trials and my flesh asks the question, "What is it all for?" I'm reminded that nothing...no part of my story and yours....will be wasted in God's economy. Regardless of whether my pathway is clear...whether I can see up ahead enough to catch my bearings, I was reminded tonight by a precious friend that God's light is truly a "lamp unto my feet." Step by step, He's using every testimony...every trial...every detour...to minister to those whose paths I will soon cross. As much I'd love Him to shine a spotlight up ahead...because I truly don't like to travel in unknown territories...I am realizing more and more that He is writing yet another chapter...to this long, long novel called, "My LIfe," so that He can teach me a lesson that I will in turn share with others.

I cannot help but stand in awe of a God, who is so interested in using us…right where we are…with all of our flaws…to bring the Good News. He could have made us flawless and perfect. He could have made us sinless…but then who would believe in a Higher Power except for the fact that He chose to use me…and you…to make HIS mark in the world? I think when people see us, they sometimes scratch their heads in wonder. It just doesn’t make sense to the world around us.

All I know is that God chose to use us, regardless of how feeble, to accomplish His purposes in this world.

Who better to speak to the broken-hearted…than the one who has watched as pieces of her heart were mended seamlessly together by a Savior’s incredible and infinite love?

Who better to speak to the captive shackled to their past, than the one who has been set free from bondage to dance a dance of hope?

Who better to wipe away the tears, than the one whose tears fell into the loving, nail-scarred palms of a Savior?

Who better to speak of grace, than the one who had it heaped upon them? Who better to speak of love, than the one who was loved unconditionally?

Who better to show the Father to those who are lost, than the one who was found…cleaned up…and placed on the road to Salvation? So, who are you to speak for the Father?

You are the Daughters and Sons, and God will use you in an incredible way to offer others a hope and a future. May God bless you richly and may you be reminded continually of a Sovereign Lord who has not taken His eyes off of you…not for one minute along this journey.

May you continually make your mark on this world for a Savior so willing to shed His blood for you...with no strings attached. May your journey be filled with stories that you will one day share with fellow travelers.

No comments: